Owner of piercing shop in Sewickley accused of offering teen employee money for sex appears in court

• In US
  • 2022-09-13 22:49:14Z
  • By WPXI

A small group of supporters rallied behind the 17-year-old girl who accused a Sewickley business owner of propositioning her for sex.

The case against Zachary Watson moved forward Wednesday after the owner of the Genisys Body Arts Piercing Shop waived his right to a preliminary hearing in district court.

"My client is still pleading not guilty. He still maintains his innocence," said defense attorney Sean Logue.

Watson faces charges of promoting prostitution, terroristic threats, and corruption of minors. He is accused of trying to have sex with a 17-year-old girl and making sexual advances.

A group identifying themselves as Watson's other victims didn't want to talk on camera, but they did tell Channel 11 it also happened to them.

"The standard of evidence is so low. Literally one person can show up in court and say that you did something, and if the DA office believes there is enough for the case to proceed, that mere pointing, making a quick accusation, that would fit the standard for a prima facie case," Logue said.

Prosecutors added a charge of sexual extortion but agreed to a deal with the defense to withdraw the "intimidation of witness charge."

"I think the DA and myself came to a good agreement. They withdrew the threat charge because there were no threats in this case," Logue said.

Channel 11 learned that Watson was a parent volunteer for the Quaker Valley Wrestling Association but is no longer affiliated. The organization sent us this statement:

"For one season, Mr. Watson was a parent volunteer for our youth wrestling  program. At the time, all relevant clearances were submitted for our stringent background checks required of all of our parent volunteers. Mr. Watson is no longer affiliated with our program in any capacity."

Watson will appear before a  judge next month in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.

Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW

TRENDING NOW:

IRS set to send out $1.2 billion in refunds to certain taxpayers Local man in rainbow wig 'working to restore Trump to President King of the United States' arrested Exclusive video shows moments football players allegedly hazed 5 teammates at Mohawk High School VIDEO: Pine-Richland school board holds first meeting since controversial homecoming proposal DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts

COMMENTS

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Comments

• Tree removal cost sacramento
    (2022-09-14 10:57:32Z)

it is certainly wonderful along with meanful. it is certainly neat web site. Backlinks is incredibly valuable issue. you've got genuinely made it easier for some people whom pay a visit to web site and still provide these people usefull data.

• Stump grinding sacramento
    (2022-09-14 10:58:02Z)

This kind of is a wonderful submit My partner and i noticed as a result of discuss that. It is just what I desired to find out desire inside upcoming you may keep on regarding revealing this kind of outstanding submit.

• Tree services
    (2022-09-14 10:58:29Z)

This is usually a wonderful recommendations primarily so that you can all those a novice to blogosphere, limited plus genuine information… With thanks to get spreading brussels. Very important learn posting.

• what to wear to a pageant as a guest
    (2022-09-14 10:59:02Z)

That is the nice tips and hints certainly towards some of those having their first go blogosphere, temporary not to mention adequate information… Thanks a lot for the purpose of showing gas 4 free :. Vital read through piece of writing.

• how much to rent a water slide
    (2022-09-14 10:59:26Z)

Bless you in the blog post and even very good strategies.. possibly even As i moreover think 6-pack abs is without a doubt a very important facet of gaining achieving success.

• I am just genuinely thrilled to come across this great site along with does get pleasure from looking at valuable content put up below. Your concepts in the publisher ended up being wonderful, cheers to the talk about.

• Fire damage Spokane
    (2022-09-14 11:00:40Z)

Wow! This amazing and helpful post this is. I must say i really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I'm just amazed. I really hope that you continue to accomplish work similar to this in the future also

• Water slide rentals
    (2022-09-14 11:01:15Z)

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I'm just amazed. I am hoping that you continue to complete work such as this as time goes on also

• Bounce house rental
    (2022-09-14 11:01:40Z)

Wow! This amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work similar to this in the foreseeable future also

• Is SEO worth it in 2022
    (2022-09-14 11:02:06Z)

Wow! This kind of amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I'm just amazed. I hope that you continue to accomplish your work such as this later on also

• seattle flower delivery
    (2022-09-14 11:02:33Z)

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I must say i really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work similar to this as time goes on also

• window tint sacramento
    (2022-09-14 11:03:13Z)

Wow! This amazing and helpful post this is. I truly really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I am hoping that you continue to do work such as this as time goes by also

• sell house fast seattle
    (2022-09-14 11:03:44Z)

It is an excellent blog, I have ever seen. I found all the material on this blog utmost unique and well written. And, I have decided to visit it again and again.

• What is SAP Fiori
    (2022-09-15 13:50:39Z)

Really good write-up, Appreciate it intended for giving That expertise. Excellently published document, but only if many blog writers made available identical higher level of information since you, the online world is a significantly better area. You need to thanks!

• Téléchargement de vidéos TikTok
    (2022-09-15 13:51:14Z)

Truly! Whatever an eye opener this unique put up happens to be in my circumstances. Substantially relished, saved, I just can’t look for further!

• Excursions in agadir
    (2022-09-19 10:53:25Z)

Regards just for featuring brand-new upgrades in connection with priority, Document wait for look at a great deal more.

• acupuncture services
    (2022-09-19 16:19:48Z)

Brilliant text. A posting affects lots of imperative complications one's world. A lot of people can't be uninvolved so that you can each one of these complications. The following posting supplies plans plus basics. Pretty enlightening plus simple.

• Descargar Instalador APk
    (2022-09-19 16:20:16Z)

Brilliant text. A posting has effects on loads of imperative complications one's world. Most people can't be uninvolved so that you can every one of these complications. The next posting supplies plans plus basics. Pretty enlightening plus simple.

Top News: US