Jordan Pruitt says she's filing a lawsuit against her former manager, whom she calls her "molester."
The contestant from 2012's Season 3 of "The Voice" has previously opened up about how she was a "victim of child molestation" as a teenager. Now, the 28-year-old singer says she's taking legal action.
On Tuesday, she tweeted that she "filed a lawsuit against my molester and those who enabled him."
Pruitt told Variety that the suit accuses her former manager, Keith Thomas, of sexually abusing her starting when she was 14 years old. It also alleges that her former record label, Hollywood Records, and its parent company, the Walt Disney Co., failed to prevent the abuse.
'Voice' alum Jordan Pruitt: 'Greatest joy' will come when abuser is in 'orange jumpsuit'
In December of last year, a year after announcing her retirement from music, Pruitt shared a Facebook post about an alleged abuser she didn't name at the time.
"As I filmed my music video, 'Jump to the Rhythm' (used for the 2007 Disney Channel TV movie 'Jump In!'), those eyes were watching my every move," she said. "As I watch this video back now, I see this young girl laughing and smiling, but inside I was feeling trapped.
"At fifteen this person had brainwashed me into thinking that the things that were happening were 'natural' and 'okay,' " she continued. "While I will spare you any of the mind-piercing details, I can honestly and unfortunately say that this man sexually abused me for almost two years of my life. I am a victim of child molestation because of him."
This June, Pruitt gave an interview to Fox News and again talked about her alleged abuser anonymously.
"This all started when I was about 13 and the advances really kind of started around 14, but nothing was ever sexual until I was about 15," she said to the outlet. "I can remember him saying, you know; 'Let me teach you how to kiss. You don't want to get out into the world and be a bad kisser.' I vividly remember that.
"I was raised from church and raised to believe that everybody has the best of intentions. So I really didn't realize it like that until I was a good 20 or 21, that through everything that had happened, I had basically been sexually molested for two years of my life."
But Pruitt no longer wants her name and her abuser's name to be anonymous. "No more Jane Doe. I am Jordan Pruitt," she tweeted.
Thomas, the alleged assaulter Pruitt names in the suit, is a veteran Nashville songwriter and producer whose résumé includes hits like Amy Grant's "Baby, Baby" and Vanessa Williams' "Save the Best for Last."
USA TODAY has reached out to Thomas' representatives for comment.
Contributing: Erin Jensen, Dave Paulson
More: Why #MeToo hasn't taken off in the music industry
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: 'Voice' alum Jordan Pruitt: I filed a lawsuit against 'my molester'