Trump adviser Conway accuses woman of assaulting her in restaurant: CNN




  • In US
  • 2019-02-08 12:46:53Z
  • By Reuters
FILE PHOTO: White House counselor Kellyanne Conway speaks to reporters in Washington
FILE PHOTO: White House counselor Kellyanne Conway speaks to reporters in Washington  

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said she was assaulted at a Maryland restaurant last year by a woman who grabbed and shook her, an accusation the woman has denied, CNN reported on Friday.

Conway said in an interview with CNN that the incident took place while she was dining out with her daughter at the Mexican restaurant Uncle Julio's in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, and that the woman grabbed her arms from behind and was "out of control."

The accused woman, 63-year-old Mary Elizabeth Inabinett, disputed Conway's account, her lawyer told CNN, saying she did not assault the top White House staffer but expressed her personal opinions to a public figure in a public place.

Inabinett faces state charges of second degree assault and disorderly conduct in an Oct. 14 incident, according to Maryland court records. Her lawyer, William Alden McDaniel, told CNN she will plead not guilty.

The trial is scheduled for trial on March 29, the records showed.


(Writing by Susan Heavey; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

COMMENTS

More Related News

These are the few Republicans that may challenge Trump in the 2020 primaries
These are the few Republicans that may challenge Trump in the 2020 primaries

Recently, as many as four Republicans have toyed with the idea of running against Donald Trump for the Republican presidential nomination in 2020. Trump already has one official primary challenger in Bill Weld, the former GOP governor of Massachusetts.

Washington Governor Inslee withdraws bid for U.S. Democratic presidential nomination
Washington Governor Inslee withdraws bid for U.S. Democratic presidential nomination

Washington state Governor Jay Inslee, who made the fight against climate change the focus of his White House campaign, said on Wednesday he was withdrawing from the race for the 2020 U.S. Democratic presidential nomination. The 68-year-old Inslee, speaking on MSNBC, said it had become clear he would not be the party's standard-bearer and that he was pulling out of the race. Inslee announced his bid for the Democratic nomination on March 1.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: US

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.