Rose McGowan's Twitter Account Suspended for Violating Rules: 'There Are Powerful Forces at Work'





Rose McGowan took to Instagram Wednesday after she says her Twitter account was suspended for violating the social media sites' rules.

Sharing a photo of a Twitter notice on her Instagram account, the former Charmed actress wrote in the caption, "TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY."

Her account's suspension follows her vocal statements against Harvey Weinstein and the sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations against him.

McGowan has also been vocal about Ben Affleck, telling the Argo actor and director to "f- off" in tweet.

Her comment came after Affleck slammed Weinstein, who has been accused of sexual harassment and assault.

According to the notice McGowan shared, Twitter has denied her access to her account for 12 hours. The notice did not provide specific reasons for her violation, but said she can regain access faster if she deleted tweets that violated their rules.

PEOPLE has reached out to Twitter to confirm the suspension but a representative has not yet replied to the request.

According to Twitter's online terms, it can suspend accounts if tweets have "been reported to us as violating our Rules surrounding abuse. When an account engages in abusive behavior, like sending threats to others or impersonating other accounts, we may suspend it temporarily or, in some cases, permanently."

In a New York Times article published last week, it was revealed McGowan was part of a settlement with Weinstein in 1997 following an encounter in a hotel room with the executive producer during the Sundance Film Festival.

On Tuesday, Paltrow and Jolie told of their own accounts of alleged mistreatment. Paltrow told the NYT that Weinstein sexually harassed her in a hotel room when she was 22. The encounter allegedly ended with Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage.

Jolie also told the outlet that she had a "bad experience" with Weinstein in a hotel room during the release of Playing by Heart in the late '90s.

Also on Tuesday, the The New Yorker revealed - among 13 different women's accounts of alleged sexual harassment, assault or rape - that the mogul allegedly forcibly performed oral sex on Italian actress Asia Argento two decades ago. Actresses Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette also claimed that after rejecting Weinstein's unwanted advances, they were removed from or kept from being hired for projects.

In response to the lengthy allegations made against Weinstein in the New Yorker piece, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein."

COMMENTS

More Related News

Kremlin: We see Trump
Kremlin: We see Trump's tweets as official statements
  • World
  • 2017-12-12 11:17:25Z

Tweets by U.S. President Donald Trump are viewed in Moscow as his official position and read by his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, the Kremlin said on Tuesday. A prolific user of Twitter before he was elected late last year, Trump has continued to use the social media platform to voice his views

Chef Batali exits company, TV show after sex harassment accusations
Chef Batali exits company, TV show after sex harassment accusations
  • US
  • 2017-12-11 18:32:24Z

Eater New York reported that four women, who were not identified, accused Batali of touching them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that spanned at least two decades. Three worked for the chef during their careers, according to Eater New York.

Trump slammed for throwing insults at the media in the wake of attempted terror attack in NYC
Trump slammed for throwing insults at the media in the wake of attempted terror attack in NYC

President Donald Trump is receiving backlash for attacking the "failing" New York Times shortly after being briefed on an attempted terror attack in New York City Monday. ".@POTUS has been briefed on the explosion in New York City," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced on Twitter at 8:13 a.m.

Mario Batali Exits The Chew Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe
Mario Batali Exits The Chew Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe

Mario Batali has stepped down as co-host of ABC's The Chew after four women accused the celebrity chef of sexual misconduct. According to Vox Media's Eater, four women say Batali touched them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that allegedly spanned two decades. In response to the report, ABC has asked Batali to step away from The […]

Cory Booker Calls On Donald Trump To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Cory Booker Calls On Donald Trump To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is calling on President Donald Trump to resign over the more than a dozen sexual misconduct allegations against him.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Celebrity

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.