Rebel Wilson claims a male star sexually harassed her while his friends tried to tape it




 

Rebel Wilson is the latest actress to share her story of alleged sexual harassment.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, the Pitch Perfect actress claimed that she was once sexually harassed by one of her male costars while his friends tried to film the incident on their phones.

"A male star, in a position of power asked me to go into a room with him and then asked me repeatedly to stick my finger up his a-. All whilst his male 'friends' tried to film the incident on their iPhones and laughed. I repeatedly said no and eventually got out of the room," she continued.

"I called my agent immediately and my lawyer made a complaint with the studio - basically to protect myself in the event something similar ever occurred I'd be able to walk out of the job and not obliged to return," she added.

Wilson also alleged that following the incident, she was "threatened by one of the star's representatives to be nice and support the male star."

"I refused," Wilson continued. "The whole thing was disgusting. I've told hundreds of people in the industry the story in more graphic detail basically to warn them off this individual."

Wilson then went on to detail a separate alleged incident with a "top director" who invited her to his hotel room.

"Earlier in my career, I also had a 'hotel room' encounter with a top director. I thought we were there to talk comedy. Nothing physical happened because the guy's wife called and started abusing him over the phone for sleeping with actresses and luckily she was yelling so loud that I could hear her and I bolted out of there immediately," she said. "I was so naive [that] the thought of anything happening apart from 'work talk' didn't even cross my mind."

Wilson's rep did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"I feel lucky that I grew up in a pro-female environment, going to an all-girls high school, and that I have such a strong sense of self and have taken self-defense classes. I had the ability to escape both incidents. I realize not everyone is as lucky," Wilson continued.

Wilson also went on to say that in the future, "if I witness this behavior, whether it happens to me or someone I know, I will no longer be POLITE. Interpret that as you will."

Wilson's claims come amid a growing wave of allegations against powerful men in Hollywood, including producer Harvey Weinstein, director Brett Ratner, actor Kevin Spacey and comedian Louis C.K.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Five Former Players Accused of Sexual Harassment in Lawsuit
Five Former Players Accused of Sexual Harassment in Lawsuit

Six men-including five former NFL players-have now been suspended across three sports media organizations following detailed allegations of sexual harassment from a former NFL Network employee. Jami Cantor , who worked for the network from 2006 into 2016, made the claims as part of a lawsuit against

Jessica Chastain Says She Feared Speaking Out Against Sexual Harassment Would Affect Her Career
Jessica Chastain Says She Feared Speaking Out Against Sexual Harassment Would Affect Her Career

The 40-year-old actress admitted that her recent Golden Globe nomination came as a surprise.

Chef Batali exits company, TV show after sex harassment accusations
Chef Batali exits company, TV show after sex harassment accusations
  • US
  • 2017-12-11 18:32:24Z

Eater New York reported that four women, who were not identified, accused Batali of touching them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that spanned at least two decades. Three worked for the chef during their careers, according to Eater New York.

Mario Batali Exits The Chew Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe
Mario Batali Exits The Chew Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe

Mario Batali has stepped down as co-host of ABC's The Chew after four women accused the celebrity chef of sexual misconduct. According to Vox Media's Eater, four women say Batali touched them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that allegedly spanned two decades. In response to the report, ABC has asked Batali to step away from The […]

Cory Booker Calls On Donald Trump To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Cory Booker Calls On Donald Trump To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is calling on President Donald Trump to resign over the more than a dozen sexual misconduct allegations against him.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Entertainment

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.