Prince Harry Flies Solo In Sydney As Meghan Markle's Schedule Is Cut Back




 

SYDNEY ― Prince Harry was on his own Sunday morning, as wife Meghan Markle took a break from the couple's official royal engagements in Australia.

In the wake of an action-packed week for the pregnant Duchess of Sussex, she spent the morning resting after Saturday night's opening ceremony of the Invictus Games that the couple attended went longer than anticipated.

The Duke of Sussex told competitors at the games on Sunday that his wife was "resting back at home."

According to Kensington Palace, Meghan has had her royal duties "slightly" trimmed as she and Harry prepare to continue their trip with stops in Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand.

"After a busy program, the Duke and Duchess have decided to cut back the Duchess's schedule slightly for the next couple of days, ahead of the final week-and-a-half" of their tour, the palace said, per The Sydney Morning Herald.

At Saturday night's opening of the Invictus Games, Harry thanked Australians for the warm welcome they had given the couple.

"I have been so proud to be able to introduce my wife to you and we have been so happy to be able to celebrate the personal joy of our newest addition with you all," he said.

On Sunday, Meghan joined Harry at a lunchtime reception hosted by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, where they watched a didgeridoo performance before meeting with veteran support groups.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Neo-Nazi linked to group who said Prince Harry was a race traitor for marrying Meghan pleads guilty
Neo-Nazi linked to group who said Prince Harry was a race traitor for marrying Meghan pleads guilty

Two teenage neo-Nazis, linked to a group that called Prince Harry a "race traitor"  for marrying Mehgan Markle, are facing jail after admitting terror charges. Polish national, Michal Szewczuk, 19, admitted two counts of encouraging terrorism and five of possessing documents that could be useful to a terrorist, when he appeared at the Old Bailey. His co-defendant, Oskar Dunn-Koczorowski, 18, had previously pleaded guilty to encouraging terrorism. The charges relate to a neo-Nazi group called the Sonnenkrieg Division, which posted extreme racist material on the GAB social media platform. In one post, a picture of the Duke of Sussex was set against a swastika with a gun pointing...

Britain
Britain's Obama moment? What Harry and Meghan's baby says about race

The baby will be seventh-in-line to the throne and possibly the first person of mixed race in such a senior position in the history of British royalty.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Reportedly Might Be Moving to Africa
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Reportedly Might Be Moving to Africa

The rumors just won't quit with these two.

Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Duke and Duchess of Sussex 'to work in Africa' as they map out new life as a family

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are considering a major move to work in Africa after the birth of their first child, as the Duke and his older brother map out their separate working lives. The Duke and Duchess, who are already president and vice-president of the Queen's Commonwealth Trust, have been in discussions with advisers over a "bespoke" international role for the next phase of their work in the Royal Family. Planning is in its earliest stages, as the couple await the birth of their first child and the life changes that will bring, with their team considering how they can best make a positive impact in the Commonwealth. The move will be viewed as both symptom and cause of the recent...

Why Meghan Markle Has Reportedly Cut Thomas Markle Out of Her Life-For Good
Why Meghan Markle Has Reportedly Cut Thomas Markle Out of Her Life-For Good

Later, dude. ????

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Latin America

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.