Pamela Anderson Victim-Blamed Harvey Weinstein Accusers, Then Refused To Apologize





Pamela Anderson said she believes that the women who have accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault could have prevented it.

The actress and model appeared on "Megyn Kelly Today" on Thursday to discuss the dozens of allegations against Weinstein and the harassment she says she has faced in Hollywood. Anderson has also said that a female babysitter sexually abused her between the ages of 6 and 10, that an older man raped her when she was 12, and that her then-boyfriend and six of his friends gang raped her when she was in the ninth grade.

In her conversation with Kelly, however, Anderson was quick to pass judgment on the women speaking out against Weinstein. She began by talking about her own experiences with harassment and assault, noting that she's been able to dodge inappropriate behavior by being careful.

"We naturally blame ourselves. … You somehow think that you are to blame, but I learned to never put myself into those situations again," Anderson said of her experiences with sexual assault. "When I came to Hollywood, I, of course, had a lot of offers to do private auditions and things that made absolutely no sense. Common sense ― don't go into a hotel room alone, if someone answers the door in a bathrobe, you know, leave."

When Kelly asked if Anderson was surprised about all the women coming forward, Anderson responded with a laugh.

"No, I think it was common knowledge that certain producers or certain people in Hollywood are people to avoid. Privately. You know what you're getting into if you go to a hotel room alone," Anderson said.

Anderson published an essay on Saturday in which she responded to some of the criticism about her comments. She called Weinstein a "sexist pig and a bully," but did not apologize for her victim-blaming remarks:

Head over to Anderson's personal blog to read her full essay.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Indian Government Minister Resigns Amid Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
Indian Government Minister Resigns Amid Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

Akbar said in a statement that he would "challenge false accusations" in a personal capacity, referring to a criminal case he filed Monday against the first woman to accuse him. Akbar, 67, first served as a lawmaker for India's then-ruling India National Congress party between 1989 and 1991.

Prosecution admits to new error in Weinstein case
Prosecution admits to new error in Weinstein case

The prosecution has admitted to a new embarrassing error in the Harvey Weinstein case, saying a police detective told one of the disgraced Hollywood producer's accusers to delete from her phone anything she wanted to keep private. In a letter to Weinstein's attorney dated Tuesday, prosecutor Joan Illuzzi-Orbon acknowledged that the lead detective had made the recommendation to one of two women accusing Weinstein in the case, in which he faces charges of rape and a forced oral sex act. "This new development even further undermines the integrity of an already deeply flawed indictment of Mr Weinstein," his lawyer Ben Brafman was quoted by a spokeswoman as saying.

India minister quits to fight sexual harassment allegations
India minister quits to fight sexual harassment allegations
  • World
  • 2018-10-17 11:51:21Z

Indian minister M.J.Akbar said on Wednesday he had resigned to fight allegations of sexual harassment levied by several women, the biggest scalp in the country's #MeToo movement that gathered momentum last week. Akbar has filed a defamation suit against one of the women who have accused him of a

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Celebrity

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.