Nathan Lane says Harvey Weinstein attacked him at a birthday party for Hillary Clinton




 

(Nathan Lane.Getty)
Following the recent sexual harassment allegations against producer Harvey Weinstein, which have led to the movie mogul being fired from his own company, more stories of Weinstein's behavior are trickling out.

Over the weekend, Broadway star Nathan Lane revealed on stage at the New Yorker Festival that Weinstein physically attacked him at a birthday party for Hillary Clinton in 2000, according to Page Six.

Lane was the emcee at the party - which was hosted by Weinstein, who is a longtime supporter of the Clintons - and after Lane told a comb-over joke about Rudy Giuliani, Weinstein allegedly threw Lane up against a wall.

"This is my f---king show, we don't need you," Weinstein then told Lane, the actor told the audience.

"You can't hurt me, I don't have a film career," Lane said back at Weinstein. (Harvey Weinstein.Reuters)

This is just the latest story to surface of Weinstein's behavior over the years.

Following the bombshell New York Times story last week - in which actress Ashley Judd, and other women, went on record to speak out against Weinstein - a reporter said Weinstein once put him in a headlock, and a TV journalist alleged that he masturbated in front of her.

On Sunday, the board of The Weinstein Company released a statement stating it had terminated his employment.

Business Insider contacted The Weinstein Company for comment but did not receive an immediate response.

NOW WATCH: Scientists think they've finally solved the mystery of the 'alien megastructure' star

COMMENTS

More Related News

Clinton rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported Trump
Clinton rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported Trump

A woman who accuses former President Bill Clinton of raping her during his 1978 campaign for Arkansas governor spoke out on Monday about her support for President Donald Trump.

Chef Batali exits company, TV show after sex harassment accusations
Chef Batali exits company, TV show after sex harassment accusations
  • US
  • 2017-12-11 18:32:24Z

Eater New York reported that four women, who were not identified, accused Batali of touching them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that spanned at least two decades. Three worked for the chef during their careers, according to Eater New York.

Mario Batali Exits The Chew Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe
Mario Batali Exits The Chew Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe

Mario Batali has stepped down as co-host of ABC's The Chew after four women accused the celebrity chef of sexual misconduct. According to Vox Media's Eater, four women say Batali touched them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that allegedly spanned two decades. In response to the report, ABC has asked Batali to step away from The […]

Cory Booker Calls On Donald Trump To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Cory Booker Calls On Donald Trump To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is calling on President Donald Trump to resign over the more than a dozen sexual misconduct allegations against him.

Trim Your Tree With A Powerful Woman: Beyoncé, Hillary, & Serena Tree Toppers Are Here
Trim Your Tree With A Powerful Woman: Beyoncé, Hillary, & Serena Tree Toppers Are Here

Shimmery stars, fairies, and anon angels as your tree topper are so last Christmas (and not in the Wham! song sense). Instead, add some modern inspiration from the leading women in politics, entertainment, and sports to get you into the holiday spirit. Just in time for the holidays, the company released a few Christmas tree-topper alternatives featuring some women you've definitely heard of.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Economy

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.