Moussa Sissoko joins Nantes from Watford




 

France midfielder Moussa Sissoko has joined Nantes from Watford, the Ligue 1 club announced on Friday, ending a nine-year stay in English football.

The 32-year-old has signed a two-year contract for a reported £1.8 million (2.08 million euros, $2.17 million).

Sissoko signed for Watford from Tottenham at the start of last season but could not prevent the Hornets from suffering relegation from the Premier League.

He first moved across the Channel in 2013 to join Newcastle after a six-year spell with Toulouse, going on to play for Spurs, with whom he reached the Champions League final in 2019.

Sissoko has made 71 international appearances for France, but has not played since their Euro 2020 last-16 loss to Switzerland last year.

Nantes will play in European competition next season for the first time since 2004 after qualifying for the Europa League group stage by winning the French Cup, their first major trophy for 21 years.

cor-lve-cka-jc/iwd

COMMENTS

More Related News

Ineos billionaire Ratcliffe
Ineos billionaire Ratcliffe 'potential buyer' of Man Utd

British businessman Jim Ratcliffe is "definitely a potential buyer" of Manchester United if the English football giants go on sale, a spokesman for the Ineos petrochemicals billionaire said Wednesday.

Everton vs Nottingham Forest: How to watch live, stream link, start time
Everton vs Nottingham Forest: How to watch live, stream link, start time

Everton has only gotten on the scoreboard through a Lucas Digne own goal and will want to find more production in the post-Richarlison era.

Bournemouth vs Arsenal: How to watch live, stream link, start time
Bournemouth vs Arsenal: How to watch live, stream link, start time

Arsenal heads south in its bid to keep up a perfect Premier League start when it tests Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.

Ronaldo gets police caution for incident at Everton match
Ronaldo gets police caution for incident at Everton match

Cristiano Ronaldo has received a police caution after footage was posted online of the Manchester United forward appearing to knock a phone out of an Everton fan's hand at a Premier League match in April. Merseyside Police said Wednesday that "the matter has now concluded." The 37-year-old soccer great was interviewed by officers in relation to an allegation of assault and criminal damage following the incident at Goodison Park on April 9.

PSG defender Kehrer joins West Ham
PSG defender Kehrer joins West Ham

West Ham announced the signing of German international defender Thilo Kehrer from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Soccer