Michael Moore Thinks Donald Trump Or 'One Of His Minions' Wrote Anonymous NYT Op-Ed




Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore said he believes President Donald Trump either wrote or directed one of his staffers to write the anonymous Op-Ed in The New York Times that described an alleged "resistance" effort within his administration.

"Trump or one of his minions wrote it," Moore told CNN in an interview published Sunday. "He's the master distractor. He's the king of the misdirect. If we have learned anything by now, it's that he does things to get people to turn away."

He continued: "Let me give you the line in there that is most identifiable that he wants the public to believe. It's the line that says, 'Don't worry, adults are in the room.' That's the idea, to get us to calm down and look away from what he's really doing."

In the explosive Op-Ed, published earlier this month, an unnamed senior Trump administration official describes being one of several others actively working to undermine aspects of the president's agenda.

"Many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump's more misguided impulses until he is out of office," the anonymous author wrote.

The piece sparked instant fury from Trump, who said it could be considered an act of "treason" and called on the Justice Department to unearth the writer.

The Times' Op-Ed page editor, James Dao, has said he personally spoke to the anonymous writer, who was connected to the newspaper by "an intermediary whom we know and trust."

In his interview with CNN, Moore called Trump an "evil genius" and said Americans should expect him to be a two-term president.

"Too many people in the summer of 2016 were so sure Hillary [Clinton] was going to win, saying no one is going to vote for this idiot," Moore said. "He could win again. I operate as if he is a two-term Trump. I have to. If you think any other way you are guaranteeing that whoever is going to run against him will lose."

Moore's latest film, "Fahrenheit 11/9," explores the 2016 election season and is set for release in the U.S. later this week.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Giuliani:
Giuliani: 'Over my dead body' will Mueller interview Trump

Trump and Rudy Giuliani used Twitter and television interviews to deliver a series of broadsides against special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors in New York. Giuliani said he was "disgusted" by the tactics used by Mueller in his probe into Russian election interference, including

Judge Lobs Political Bomb at Trump by Nullifying Obamacare
Judge Lobs Political Bomb at Trump by Nullifying Obamacare

The case may not be resolved in the courts before 2020, legal experts said, which could make it a defining issue in the race for the White House and Congress. Democrats immediately jumped on the Friday night ruling to warn that health care coverage for millions of Americans was at stake due to the Republican-led lawsuit that sought to void popular parts of Obamacare, including protections for pre-existing conditions and a ban on annual lifetime limits. Also at risk are provisions that affect the wider health insurance market, such as keeping adults on their parents' policies until age 26.

Mark Hamill Digs Up Old Donald Trump 'Incompetence' Tweet, Uses It Against Him
Mark Hamill Digs Up Old Donald Trump 'Incompetence' Tweet, Uses It Against Him

Mark Hamill dug into Donald Trump's Twitter archive on Friday to take his

Federal judge rules Obamacare unconstitutional
Federal judge rules Obamacare unconstitutional
  • US
  • 2018-12-15 03:53:50Z

A U.S. federal judge in Texas ruled on Friday that the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, is unconstitutional, a decision that was likely to be appealed to the Supreme Court. U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor in Fort Worth agreed with a coalition of 20 states that a change in tax law last year eliminating a penalty for not having health insurance invalidated the entire Obamacare law. O'Connor's decision was issued the day before the end of a 45-day sign-up period for 2019 health coverage under the law.

Trump picks Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget as new acting White House chief of staff
Trump picks Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget as new acting White House chief of staff

President Donald Trump has tapped Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget as acting White House chief of staff. "I am pleased to announce that Mick Mulvaney, Director of the Office of Management & Budget, will be named Acting White House Chief of Staff, replacing General John Kelly, who has served our Country with distinction.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Latin America

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.