COMPLETE SCRIPT TO FOLLOW
VIDEO SHOWS: INTERVIEW WITH MANCHESTER CITY'S NEW SIGNING RUBEN DIAS / B-ROLL OF DIAS SIGNING CONTRACT AND POSING WITH CITY SHIRT
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK (SEPTEMBER 29, 2020) (CITY TV - NO RESALES, DO NOT OBSCURE LOGO)
1. RUBEN DIAS HOLDING MAN CITY SHIRT (OVERLAID WITH QUESTION FROM REPORTER ABOUT HOW IT FEELS TO BE A MAN CITY PLAYER)
2. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MAN CITY DEFENDER RUBEN DIAS SAYING:
"Thank you it feels really well. For many years I have been watching the Premier League and for the years that have just passed I have seen Man City won, Man City on top, so for me to be here now means that I am on top. That is what I wanted and I am really glad to be here."
3. RUBEN DIAS SIGNING CONTRACT (OVERLAID WITH QUESTION ABOUT WHY HE WANTED TO JOIN THE CLUB / FIRST PART OF SOUNDBITE)
4. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MAN CITY DEFENDER RUBEN DIAS SAYING: (PART OVERLAID WITH SIGNING CONTRACT)
"Basically that is it, top club and for me to have the opportunity to be at a club like this in this league, it is everything I could ever wanted. So I am happy to be here but also ready to start and a lot of ambition to get it started."
5. DIAS WALKING DOWN TUNNEL AT ETIHAD STADIUM / OVERLAID WITH QUESTION ON HIS PLAYING STYLE
6. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MAN CITY DEFENDER RUBEN DIAS SAYING: (PART OVERLAID WITH SIGNING SHIRT)
"I am a player that loves to win. I am a player for the team, for the fans, a player that loves this family spirit. I am feeling it a lot since I have been here. And I am an aggressive player. I love what I do and I love the game. That is it. Without getting in much details that is something that you will see when I start playing. I think that the most important thing to start saying is that I love to win. That is the thing that you most need to know about me."
STORY: Manchester City have completed the signing of Portugal defender Ruben Dias on a six-year deal from Benfica, the Premier League club said on Tuesday (September 29) as they moved to strengthen their defence two days after a 5-2 home defeat by Leicester City.
Argentine defender Nicolas Otamendi moved the other way as part of the deal, ending a five-year spell with City.
Benfica announced earlier that 23-year-old Dias, who has played 19 times for Portugal, had moved for a transfer fee of 68 million euros ($79.83 million) plus 3.6 million in variables while they agreed to pay 15 million euros for Otamendi.
City will hope Dias can help solve their problems at the back with six goals conceded in their first two games of the Premier League campaign, having conceded 35 last season which was their worst defensive record in the last three years.
(Production: Iain Axon)