Los Angeles prosecutors reviewing sexual assault case against Sylvester Stallone




Actor Sylvester Stallone poses at the LACMA Art+Film Gala in Los Angeles
Actor Sylvester Stallone poses at the LACMA Art+Film Gala in Los Angeles  

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Los Angeles prosecutors said on Wednesday that their sex crimes team was reviewing a case against "Rocky" actor Sylvester Stallone.

Los Angeles District Attorney's office spokesman Greg Risling did not give details but said the case was presented by police in the California beach city of Santa Monica.

Representatives for Stallone, 71, did not immediately return a call for comment on Wednesday.

In December, Stallone's attorney Martin Singer said that a woman had "filed a police report alleging a rape that occurred 27 years ago."

"My client categorically disputes the claim," Singer said in a statement at the time.

Santa Monica police said in December they were investigating a complaint that was made in November 2017 of alleged sexual misconduct in the 1990s by the actor.

Stallone skyrocketed to fame in 1976 with his Oscar-winning boxing movie "Rocky" and went on to become one of Hollywood's biggest action stars through the "Rambo" and "Rocky" film franchises.

California has a complex statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions of sexual abuse but offences must generally be prosecuted within 10 years.

Hollywood has been roiled in the past eight months by accusations of sexual assault against dozens of actors, directors and filmmakers, leading to many major figures being forced to step down or dropped from creative projects.

Producer Harvey Weinstein was charged in New York with rape and sexual assault last month. He entered a not guilty plea.

Comedian Bill Cosby was convicted in April of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in 2004.


(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bill Tarrant)

COMMENTS

More Related News

Amanda Bynes Steps Out to Grab Pizza in Los Angeles as She Returns to Social Media
Amanda Bynes Steps Out to Grab Pizza in Los Angeles as She Returns to Social Media

Amanda Bynes is getting her pizza fix!

US star lawyer Avenatti arrested on domestic violence suspicions
US star lawyer Avenatti arrested on domestic violence suspicions

Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for an adult film star engaged in a legal battle with Donald Trump, was arrested in Los Angeles on a felony domestic violence charge, police said Wednesday. The Los Angeles Police Department tweeted that the star attorney was booked in the afternoon and his bail was set at $50,000. In a statement, Avenatti denied any wrongdoing.

Stormy Daniels lawyer arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of domestic violence
Stormy Daniels lawyer arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of domestic violence

Michael Avenatti, the lawyer representing porn star Stormy Daniels in her legal battles with Donald Trump, was arrested in Los Angeles on Wednesday on suspicion of domestic violence. Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Jeff Lee said no further details were immediately available about the incident, which happened in in Los Angeles. He said Mr Avenatti was released on bail after he was formally booked in the case. "It will be presented to the district attorney's office just like any other case," Lee said. "They'll take a look at it and see if there's enough evidence to proceed." Mr Avenatti, who has indicated that he might run for president in 2020 as...

Michael Avenatti arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of domestic violence
Michael Avenatti arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of domestic violence
  • US
  • 2018-11-15 00:27:03Z

Attorney Michael Avenatti, who represents adult film star Stormy Daniels in her legal battles with U.S. President Donald Trump, was arrested in Los Angeles on Wednesday on suspicion of domestic violence, a police spokesman said. No further details were immediately available, but police spokesman Jeff Lee said Avenatti was in the process of being formally booked.

'Progress is being made' against California's deadliest wildfire

Fire crews in northern California seized on improved weather conditions on Wednesday in their six-day-old battle to suppress the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in state history as National Guard troops were called in to help search for victims. The confirmed death toll from the Camp Fire stood at 48 as the footprint of the fire grew by 5,000 acres to 135,000 acres(55,000 hectares), even as diminished winds and rising humidity allowed firefighters to carve containment lines around more than a third of the perimeter. "Progress is being made," said Ken Pimlott, director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) at a news conference flanked by Governor...

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Entertainment

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.