Leonardo DiCaprio Breaks His Silence On Harvey Weinstein




Leonardo DiCaprio Breaks His Silence On Harvey Weinstein
Leonardo DiCaprio Breaks His Silence On Harvey Weinstein  

Leonardo DiCaprio has broken his silence on the slew of allegations waged against producer Harvey Weinstein.

In a statement posted on Facebook on Tuesday, DiCaprio said, "There is no excuse for sexual harassment or sexual assault- no matter who you are and no matter what profession."

The actor also praised the women who have spoken out against the Miramax co-founder and his history of sexual predation, but he noticeably did not mention Weinstein by name.

"I applaud the strength and courage of the women who came forward and made their voices heard," he added.

The statement seemingly comes in response to stories from both the The New York Times and The New Yorker detailing disturbing allegations of sexual assault and abuse against Weinstein.

DiCaprio, who worked with the producer on films such as "The Aviator," "Django Unchained," and "Gangs of New York," joins in a chorus of A-listers, former Weinstein collaborators and public figures condemning Weinstein's alleged behavior, including Meryl Streep, Matt Damon, and the Obamas.

Weinstein has since been fired from his production company, and his wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, has announced she is leaving him.

DiCaprio's representatives did not immediately respond to HuffPost's request for comment.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Report: Fox Renewed Bill O'Reilly's Contract After $32 Million Harassment Settlement
Report: Fox Renewed Bill O'Reilly's Contract After $32 Million Harassment Settlement

Fox News extended host Bill O'Reilly's contract for $100 million over four years shortly after he reached a $32 million agreement to settle claims of sexual harassment from a former network employee, The New York Times reported Saturday.

Eric Holder: Harvey Weinstein Revelations Must Prompt Culture Shift On Sexual Harassment
Eric Holder: Harvey Weinstein Revelations Must Prompt Culture Shift On Sexual Harassment

In the wake of the explosive revelations about alleged sexual harassment and assault perpetrated by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and other powerful men, former United States Attorney General Eric Holder called on men to take responsibility for creating a culture that allowed such abuse to occur ― and act to change.

Fox signed O
Fox signed O'Reilly again knowing of new harassment settlement: report
  • US
  • 2017-10-21 22:03:57Z

Bill O'Reilly, the Fox News commentator forced to resign in April, agreed to a $32 million sexual harassment settlement in January, and the network's parent knew about the deal when it gave him a new contract the next month, the New York Times reported on Saturday. The previously undisclosed agreement, at least the sixth involving O'Reilly or the company related to harassment charges against him, was "extraordinarily large" for such cases, according to the newspaper, which cited two people "briefed on the matter" as its sources. Twenty-First Century Fox Inc acknowledged that it had been aware of O'Reilly's settlement with Lis Wiehl, a former Fox News legal analyst, when it signed a...

Hollywood agent fired after sex abuse allegations surface
Hollywood agent fired after sex abuse allegations surface

Hollywood agent Tyler Grasham fired after sex abuse allegations surface

Harvey Weinstein Is in Treatment - but Defiant Mogul Is
Harvey Weinstein Is in Treatment - but Defiant Mogul Is 'Not Listening to Anyone,' Says Source

Harvey Weinstein is getting treatment but is still defiant in the face of allegations of sexual misconduct spanning decades

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Latin America

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.