Koloa man charged after Kauai school bomb threat




  • In US
  • 2022-09-30 04:01:00Z
  • By The Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Sep. 30-A 20-year-old Koloa man has been charged for terroristic threatening following an incident involving a bomb threat directed at Koloa Elementary School.

A grand jury indicted and charged Lopaka Santos-Dasalia today with first-degree terroristic threatening and harassment for allegedly making a bomb threat against the Kauai school on Monday.

"Our Office continues to prioritize protecting the most vulnerable in our community. Threats made against our children, or our schools will not be tolerated, " Prosecuting Attorney Rebecca Like said in a statement. "Mahalo to the Kaua 'i Police Department, Kaua 'i Fire Department and American Medical Response who cleared the area and assisted with the evacuation of the school."

Santos-Dasalia's bail is set at $100, 000, and he can face up to five years in prison if convicted.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Club Q suspect
Club Q suspect's bomb threat dismissed; victims refused to testify, DA says
  • US
  • 2022-12-09 00:28:16Z

A bomb threat case against alleged mass shooter Anderson Lee Aldrich went nowhere last year because the suspect's loved ones declined to testify, Colorado

Gay, Jewish California lawmaker targeted with bomb threat for second time
Gay, Jewish California lawmaker targeted with bomb threat for second time
  • US
  • 2022-12-07 11:28:31Z

Police in San Francisco responded to State Sen. Scott Wiener's home early Tuesday morning to search for potential bombs amid a new wave of threats against...

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: US