Harvey Weinstein's wife Georgina Chapman announces she's leaving him amid sexual assault scandal




  • In World/Europe
  • 2017-10-10 23:55:51Z
  • By Gibson Johns, AOL.com
 

Georgina Chapman is leaving her husband of 10 years, Harvey Weinstein, amid the ongoing sexual assault allegations around him.

The Marchesa designer revealed the news in a brief statement to People on Tuesday night.

SEE ALSO: Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie allege Harvey Weinstein harassed them

"My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions," Chapman said. "I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time."

Chapman, 41, and Weinstein, 65, share children India Pearl, 7, and Dashiell Max Robert, 4.

See photos of Harvey Weinstein and Georgina Chapman together:

The news comes after days of mounting allegations against her husband, which started at the end of last week with an explosive New York Times report that detailed his decades of alleged sexual harassment of young women and continued to come to a head on Tuesday when the New Yorker published another bombshell report claiming that Weinstein raped three women, among other allegations.

Chapman had initially "100 percent" stood behind her husband, who was fired from his post at The Weinstein Company on Sunday night after an initial suspension.

Many big names have come forward with sexual harassment allegations against Weinstein, including major actresses Ashley Judd, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rose McGowan, Angelina Jolie and Mira Sorvino, among others.

Women who have publicly accused Harvey Weinstein:

Other Hollywood figures closely connected with Weinstein over the years, including Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, Judi Dench and more have come forward condemning the behavior while largely acknowledging that they didn't know that any of it was going on. Other reports allege that Weinstein's behavior was a commonly-known secret in the industry.

Following the split reports on Tuesday night, TMZ reported that Weinstein was boarding a private jet to seek treatment for sex addiction in Europe. The outlet claims to have talked to sources that say the producer is hoping for an eventual second chance in the industry he had such a large impact on.

COMMENTS

More Related News

In sex assault laws, definition of consent varies widely
In sex assault laws, definition of consent varies widely

For two months now, as accusations of sexual misconduct have piled up against Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced mogul has responded over and over again: "Any allegations of nonconsensual sex are unequivocally ...

Angelina Jolie Exudes Glamour While Attending UN Event With Her Kids
Angelina Jolie Exudes Glamour While Attending UN Event With Her Kids

The 42-year-old actress was honored as the 2017 UNCA Global Citizen of the Year.

Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts

Director Terry Zwigoff says he too encountered resistance from Harvey Weinstein over casting actress Mira Sorvino. "I was interested in casting Mira Sorvino in BAD SANTA," Zwigoff tweeted last night, "but every time I mentioned her over the phone to the Weinsteins, I'd hear a CLICK." "What type of person just hangs up on you like that," Zwigoff continued. "I guess we all know what type of person now. I'm really sorry Mira." Zwigoff's tweet follows a similar claim by Lord o…

Simple Book Helps Adult Men Answer Pressing Question:
Simple Book Helps Adult Men Answer Pressing Question: 'Where Does Your Penis Belong?'

After a devastating hurricane season and vague threats of nuclear war, a number of men piled heaps of refuse onto the dumpster fire that has been 2017 as the public learned about an epidemic of sexual misconduct.

Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino React to News They Were Blacklisted From
Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino React to News They Were Blacklisted From 'Lord of the Rings'

Peter Jackson just revealed that Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino might have starred in "The Lord of the Rings," but he was warned by Harvey Weinstein that they were both "a nightmare" and to "avoid them at all costs."

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Europe

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.