Governor Andrew Cuomo Confirms He's "Eligible" After Being Named "Most Desirable" Man in New York




 

Andrew Cuomo is speaking out about his relationship status.

The Governor of New York, who has been making headlines for helping his state battle the Coronavirus, was asked about his personal life during an interview on Thursday. After discussing the latest updates on the fight against the virus, 1010 WINS' Susan Richard asked Cuomo about being named one of the "most desirable" men in New York.

"On a much lighter note, while I have you on the phone, I must ask you this," she began. "I'm not sure if you saw, a professional matchmaker in the city did a survey of 2,000 of her female clients, and you and your brother [Chris Cuomo] are on the 'most wanted' list for single ladies in New York City as the 'most desirable.' So, I was just wondering if you had any comment about that?"

"Well Susan, I did not see that, but now that you raise it, most wanted eligibility, my brother is married, I am not married, so I don't think he would qualify as eligible, however I am eligible," Cuomo said with a laugh.

Related Video: Cuomo Announces Extended School Closures

Chris Cuomo's Sweetest Family Moments

Cuomo was previously in a long-term relationship with Food Network's Sandra Lee. The duo confirmed their split in Sept. 2019 after more than a decade together.

"Over the recent past, we have realized that our lives have gone in different directions and our romantic relationship has turned into a deep friendship," the former couple said in a joint statement, via the New York Times.

Lee recently spoke out about her ex in an interview with the outlet, confirming that they still communicate.

"I get up and I see what the latest news is. Of course I watch Andrew live," Lee shared. "And then share with him my thoughts."

She also added, "He's still my guy...Neither one of us, well as far as I know, has had a date."

COMMENTS

More Related News

WATCH: New York father walking with daughter is shot in broad daylight
WATCH: New York father walking with daughter is shot in broad daylight

A surveillance camera was rolling as a father walking with his daughter across the street was gunned down in the Bronx section of New York City as they traveled home.

64 Shot, 10 Dead: Spike in Gun Violence Alarms an On-Edge NYC
64 Shot, 10 Dead: Spike in Gun Violence Alarms an On-Edge NYC
  • US
  • 2020-07-07 12:14:54Z

NEW YORK -- A young father crossing a Bronx street, holding hands with his 6-year-old daughter. A 15-year-old who refused to talk to the police in Manhattan. A man in a Staten Island public housing complex, found prone in his apartment.They were among 64 people shot in a surge of shootings over the weekend in New York City, the police said. Ten of those shot lost their lives, including the young father and the Staten Island man -- a wave of summertime violence that has given renewed urgency to a gun violence crisis that had been overshadowed this year by the coronavirus pandemic and by unrest over police racism and brutality.The city surpassed 400 shootings in the first half of the year...

As shootings surge across US, police see COVID
As shootings surge across US, police see COVID's crippling of justice system enabling crime
  • US
  • 2020-07-07 02:26:32Z

For the last six weekends, Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown has awakened to word of another eruption of shootings in his city. On Monday, Brown stood at another news conference and admitted he was "biting my tongue," trying desperately to maintain his emotions as he spoke of 7-year-old Natalia Wallace, one of two children fatally shot on the Fourth of July a week after 20-month-old Sincere Gaston and 10-year-old Lena Nunez were shot to death in the city. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, cities across the country have seen a dramatic increase in shootings, and police in large cities like Chicago and New York said they are bracing for one of the most violent summers in decades.

New York
New York's Cuomo pleads with Trump to acknowledge COVID-19 as 'major problem'
  • US
  • 2020-07-06 16:17:32Z

"So, Mr. President, don't be a co-conspirator of COVID," Cuomo said at a news briefing. "Acknowledge to the American people that COVID exists, it is a major problem, it's going to continue until we admit it and each of us stands up to do our part." Cuomo said Trump was "enabling" the virus if he failed to acknowledge the severity of the situation, and slammed the president's comments that the spike in U.S. cases was due to increased testing.

De Blasio says outdoor dining on hold for
De Blasio says outdoor dining on hold for 'a substantial amount of time'

New York City entered Phase 3 Monday, but without indoor dining, as Mayor Bill de Blasio said it would be on hold for "a substantial amount of time."

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Celebrity