Fox News Regular Bruce Turkel Quits Over Immigration Coverage




 
Bruce Turkel, a Miami advertising executive who had been a frequent guest on Fox News, said in a sharply worded letter Wednesday that he will no longer appear on the network because of its coverage of immigration.

"Quite simply, the position Fox has taken on our government's policy of separating children from their parents is too heinous for me to accept," Turkel wrote in an open letter to Fox News.

Turkel, an author and branding expert who has appeared on a number of networks over the years, singled out Fox hosts Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity for remarks on the children affected by President Donald Trump's family-separation policy.

Coulter claimed children seen crying in videos at detention centers were merely "child actors" who were given scripts. Hannity, according to Turkel's letter, said they were part of a "rolling invasion." Another Fox contributor said the children were better off alone in the centers' cages than with their parents. Laura Ingraham downplayed the detention center cages as "summer camps" or "boarding schools."

"Accepting that this misguided policy is wrong doesn't depend on which side of the political aisle you're on. It doesn't matter if you support immigration and immigrants or if you don't," Turkel wrote. "Separating innocent children from their parents and jailing them is just plain wrong."

A Fox News spokesperson declined to comment on Turkel's letter.

Turkel's appearances on Fox were unpaid. He said in his letter that his relationship with the network generated speaking fees, book sales and appearances on other TV networks.

Turkel said he's disagreed with Fox News coverage of other issues, and this isn't the first time he's "suffered a sleepless night wondering how I could continue to appear on your shows."

What's different now, he said, is his belief that there is no gray area in the Trump policy being supported by Fox.

"Separating children from their parents is wrong no matter who you are," he concluded. "I quit."

COMMENTS

More Related News

Giuliani:
Giuliani: 'Over my dead body' will Mueller interview Trump

Trump and Rudy Giuliani used Twitter and television interviews to deliver a series of broadsides against special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors in New York. Giuliani said he was "disgusted" by the tactics used by Mueller in his probe into Russian election interference, including

Judge Lobs Political Bomb at Trump by Nullifying Obamacare
Judge Lobs Political Bomb at Trump by Nullifying Obamacare

The case may not be resolved in the courts before 2020, legal experts said, which could make it a defining issue in the race for the White House and Congress. Democrats immediately jumped on the Friday night ruling to warn that health care coverage for millions of Americans was at stake due to the Republican-led lawsuit that sought to void popular parts of Obamacare, including protections for pre-existing conditions and a ban on annual lifetime limits. Also at risk are provisions that affect the wider health insurance market, such as keeping adults on their parents' policies until age 26.

Mark Hamill Digs Up Old Donald Trump 'Incompetence' Tweet, Uses It Against Him
Mark Hamill Digs Up Old Donald Trump 'Incompetence' Tweet, Uses It Against Him

Mark Hamill dug into Donald Trump's Twitter archive on Friday to take his

Federal judge rules Obamacare unconstitutional
Federal judge rules Obamacare unconstitutional
  • US
  • 2018-12-15 03:53:50Z

A U.S. federal judge in Texas ruled on Friday that the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, is unconstitutional, a decision that was likely to be appealed to the Supreme Court. U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor in Fort Worth agreed with a coalition of 20 states that a change in tax law last year eliminating a penalty for not having health insurance invalidated the entire Obamacare law. O'Connor's decision was issued the day before the end of a 45-day sign-up period for 2019 health coverage under the law.

Trump picks Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget as new acting White House chief of staff
Trump picks Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget as new acting White House chief of staff

President Donald Trump has tapped Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget as acting White House chief of staff. "I am pleased to announce that Mick Mulvaney, Director of the Office of Management & Budget, will be named Acting White House Chief of Staff, replacing General John Kelly, who has served our Country with distinction.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Latin America

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.