'Extra' Host A.J. Calloway Suspended Amid New Sexual Misconduct Allegations




 

"Extra" host A.J. Calloway has been suspended following multiple claims of sexual misconduct.

Warner Bros. Television, which produces the show, said in a statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter that the decision was made amid fresh allegations against the 44-year-old.

"Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against A.J. Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on 'Extra' and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct," the statement read. "To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct."

Last year, author and activist Sil Lai Abrams accused Calloway of sexual assault. Though Abrams reported Calloway to police after the alleged incident in 2006, the case was later dismissed on procedural grounds. Then in January, The Daily Beast reported that another two women who wanted to remain anonymous had also accused Calloway of sexual assault.

THR reportedly plans to publish a new story with further allegations against the host.

"In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review," the statement from Warner Bros. said. "We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees."

Calloway's lawyer, Lisa E. Davis, said her client denies the allegations.

"He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name," Davis said, per The Associated Press.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Charity says 24 Polish bishops covered up sex abuses of minors
Charity says 24 Polish bishops covered up sex abuses of minors
  • World
  • 2019-02-21 15:41:39Z

A Polish charity helping victims of child abuse committed by Catholic priests accused 24 bishops on Thursday of concealing perpetrators of sexual molestation of minors. The "Have No Fear" charity made the allegation in a report released as Pope Francis convened Catholic leaders from around

Ryan Adams
Ryan Adams' Guitarist Calls Emotional Abuse Accusations 'Sickening and Embarrassing'

Singer-songwriter Ryan Adams' guitarist, Todd Wisenbaker, has called the emotional abuse and sexual misconduct accusations by seven women - including an underage teenage girl and his former wife, "This Is Us" star Mandy Moore - against the musician "sickening and embarrassing.""There were times when I chose to believe his insane version of the truth because it was easier than believing that anyone is capable of being this much of a monster," Wisenbaker wrote on Instagram Tuesday. "It's sickening and embarrassing. I've recently learned that pretty much everything he's ever told me is a lie upon a lie upon a lie."Wisenbaker's post comes a week after The New York Times described a pattern of...

Amid sexual abuse crisis, Southern Baptist Convention leader unveils plans for reform
Amid sexual abuse crisis, Southern Baptist Convention leader unveils plans for reform

Southern Baptist Convention President J.D. Greear addressed the sexual abuse crisis in the church during a meeting in Nashville.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Entertainment

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.