Ex-housemate: Former model, boyfriend killed doctor in Vegas




  • In US
  • 2019-06-11 20:39:51Z
  • By Associated Press
 

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A former Maxim and Playboy Italia model and her boyfriend murdered a 71-year-old California psychiatrist in Las Vegas, according to a former roommate whose cooperation with prosecutors could get her probation in the case.

Diana Nicole Pena pleaded guilty Tuesday to accessory to murder after the slaying, reduced from a murder charge.

She told a judge she knew at the time that her former housemates, Kelsey Turner and Jon Kennison, killed Dr. Thomas Burchard.

Details were submitted under seal, with Turner and Kennison due in court Thursday on murder and conspiracy charges. Their attorneys say they'll plead not guilty.

Pena's attorney, Jess Matsuda, says the 31-year-old Pena had nothing to do with Burchard's death.

His body was found March 7 in the trunk of Turner's car in the desert outside Las Vegas.

COMMENTS

More Related News

UFC, boxing back on in Vegas after Nevada approves return
UFC, boxing back on in Vegas after Nevada approves return

Mixed martial arts and boxing are back in business in Nevada. The Nevada Athletic Commission unanimously agreed during a teleconference Wednesday to allow two UFC events and two Top Rank boxing shows in Las Vegas over the next two weeks. The decision ends the moratorium on combat sports that has been in place in Nevada since March 14, when the commission stopped competition amid the coronavirus pandemic.

MGM Resorts to re-open its Las Vegas casinos on June 4
MGM Resorts to re-open its Las Vegas casinos on June 4
  • US
  • 2020-05-27 19:20:09Z

Democratic Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak said on Tuesday he felt "confident" in the state's tentative plan to re-open its gambling and hotel businesses on that date, and said guidelines could be released by the Nevada Gaming Commission as early as Wednesday. Sisolak also said he had been exposed to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, and was being tested for infection. "Out of an abundance of caution, I will be quarantining in the Nevada Governor's Mansion in Carson City until I receive results of a COVID-19 test I took today," he said in prepared remarks.

Nevada grants approval for UFC to begin events in Las Vegas
Nevada grants approval for UFC to begin events in Las Vegas

The Nevada State Athletic Commission opened its state for combat sports promoters to begin operating events without a live audience.This means that the UFC's requests to hold events on May 30 June 6 at its Apex facility in Las Vegas have been approved."We've been working hand in glove with the UFC," NSAC executive director Bob Bennett said of the UFC's request to begin holding events. "I'm aware of their operations plan and everything has been moving ahead (in accordance) with their operation plan and our protocols."Prior to approving the UFC's events on May 30 and June 6, the athletic commission approved its own COVID-19 protocols, though it did not discuss the details of the protocols...

Derek Carr working with teammates in Las Vegas park
Derek Carr working with teammates in Las Vegas park

The Raiders are considering moving their training camp to Nevada, but some of their players are getting a head start on the work there. Via Rochelle Richards of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr posted video of his workouts with some teammates in a Las Vegas park. The video showed him out there [more]

Nevada governor green-lights June 4 reopening of casinos; Las Vegas gets ready
Nevada governor green-lights June 4 reopening of casinos; Las Vegas gets ready

Shut down by the coronavirus, casinos get the go-ahead to start business again with social distancing in place.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: US