Conor McGregor urges Ireland to go immediately into full covid-19 lockdown: #LockdownUnited!




  • In Sports
  • 2020-03-24 17:54:50Z
  • By MMA Weekly
 

While UFC president Dana White is trying desperately to salvage UFC 249: Khabib vs. Ferguson, Conor McGregor is pleading with Ireland and the world to go into a full lockdown.

The covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has incited governments around the globe to enact ever tighter restrictions on its citizens in an effort to contain the spread of the virus. The restrictions have already forced UFC officials to postpone at least three events. Meanwhile, White on Monday said he was 99.9-percent certain that he had a new location to hold UFC 249, as planned on April 18.

At the same time, the biggest star in the sport of mixed martial arts is urging the opposite.

McGregor posted a video through his MacLife YouTube channel urging not only his native Ireland, but the world, to immediately come together and unite in a worldwide lockdown in order to fight covid-19.

TRENDING > Dana White: UFC 249 location '99-percent done'

(Courtesy of TheMacLife)

COMMENTS

More Related News

Saturday
Saturday's UFC on ESPN 9 loses one main card bout

Saturday's UFC on ESPN 9 unfortunately kicked off fight week with the loss of one of its main card bouts.Sources have confirmed that Kevin Holland has had to withdraw from his UFC on ESPN 9 bout opposite Daniel Rodriguez because of an undisclosed injury. News of Holland's withdrawal was first reported by MMA Junkie and later confirmed by him in his Instagram stories."Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to the scrap," Holland said. "I've done this rehab before and I hope to run through it as I did the last time. We will be back. First thing's first, getting back healthy."Holland had been hoping to become one of the rare breed of UFC fighters to pick up two victories within a 14-day...

Henry Cejudo removed from official UFC rankings, issues statement
Henry Cejudo removed from official UFC rankings, issues statement

The UFC is currently without a bantamweight champion, officially removing Henry Cejudo from the top of the 135-pound divisional rankings.Cejudo last set foot in the Octagon at UFC 249, where he defeated former champion Dominick Cruz in the co-main event. Following the victory, Cejudo surprisingly announced his retirement."I want to make an announcement. Uncle Dana, UFC, everybody, thank you so much," said Cejudo. "I'm happy with my career. I've done enough in the sport. I want to walk away. I want to enjoy myself. I'm 33-years old. I have a girl now. Amanda is watching back home. She wants to start a family. Since I was 11-years old I've sacrificed my whole life to get to where I"m at...

Brandon Royval looking to prove himself in UFC debut on May 30
Brandon Royval looking to prove himself in UFC debut on May 30

Coming off a victory over Nate Williams at LFA 79 last November, flyweight Brandon Royval appeared to have his path set for 2020 with an invitation to Dana White's Contender Series when the novel coronavirus struck and put a hold to those plans.At the time events started getting canceled as lockdown ensued, Royval was maintaining his availability should he get a call up prior to a fight on the Contender Series."I knew right after that Nate Williams that I was on Dana White's Contender Series, so I knew that was going to happen," Royval told MMAWeekly.com. "I was just staying ready and getting prepared."I always knew the UFC could be a potential option if someone dropped out or if...

UFC vows strict COVID-19 test for May 30 event
UFC vows strict COVID-19 test for May 30 event

Testing by the UFC for COVID-19 will come with more stringent guidelines ahead of this weekend's event in Las Vegas. UFC sent a memo, released by MMAJunkie.com, to fighters who will compete May 30 in Las Vegas at UFC Apex Arena, part of UFC headquarters, outlining the more detailed and stricter protocol in place in Nevada this weekend. UFC will require athletes to take two COVID-19 antigen oropharyngeal swab tests prior to competing: one at athlete hotel check-in and the second following Friday's official weigh-in.

UFC officially cancels locations for two June events
UFC officially cancels locations for two June events

Not surprisingly, the UFC has had to nix a couple of dates at locations that, like most, are still restricting sizable public gatherings.The UFC had intended to return to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and Austin, Texas, in June, but the current climate because of the global coronavirus pandemic won't allow for it. There are currently only two official dates on the UFC calendar, which are May 30 and June 6. Both of those events are intended to be held at the UFC Apex facility on its Las Vegas campus. That, of course, is pending the Nevada State Athletic Commission approving combat sports without an audience in the state, which it is expected to do on Wednesday, May 27.The Apex is a...

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

  • ZaraPiext
    (2020-04-01 11:31:36Z)

    coronavirus 1000 bed hospital
    http://chloroquine-treatmentforcoronavirus.com/# - chloroquine sars
    coronavirus graph
    chloroquine otc
    - 3 coronavirus toronto
    coronavirus 229e pcr

    REPLY

Top News: Sports