Belarus escort who claimed Trump secrets freed from Russian jail




Belarusian model Anastasia Vashukevich, also known as Nastya Rybka, was detained in Russia after being deported from Thailand
Belarusian model Anastasia Vashukevich, also known as Nastya Rybka, was detained in Russia after being deported from Thailand  

Moscow (AFP) - A Belarusian escort who claimed she had proof of Russian collusion with Donald Trump's election campaign was freed from a Russian jail on Tuesday following her arrest last week, lawyers said.

Anastasia Vashukevich, also known as Nastya Rybka, was arrested alongside Alexander Kirillov, a self-styled sex guru, when the two arrived at Moscow's main airport following their deportation from Thailand last Thursday.

Vashukevich had been planning to travel on to the Belarusian capital Minsk.

"The investigation made a decision to free them from jail with the obligation to appear" for further proceedings, Kirillov's lawyer Svetlana Sidorkina told AFP.

Vashukevich was under arrest in Russia as a suspect in a probe into "coercion into prostitution" though the details of the case and her specific involvement have not been made clear.

She was deported from Thailand after pleading guilty to participating in a "sex training course".

Vashukevich became famous after posting videos allegedly showing tycoon Oleg Deripaska and an influential Russian deputy prime minister on a yacht.

While in Thai prison, she said she had information about Russian meddling in the 2016 US elections.

Her lawyer Dmitry Zatsarinsky posted a video on Instagram Tuesday apparently showing him and Vashukevich in a car following her release.

"Nastya Rybka is free. We're going home," he says, as Vashukevich flashes a peace sign and laughs.

The decision to free her was unexpected following a court ruling on Saturday to extend her detention.

Belarusian officials on Tuesday issued their first comments about her detention, with Natalia Eismont, a spokeswoman for President Alexander Lukashenko, telling media that the Belarusian leader "has given orders to immediately work on the release of the citizen of Belarus."

Belarus' Foreign Minister Vladimir Makey said Vashukevich is free to come home but must turn up for her next court hearing in Moscow, according to Belarusian media.

Sitting in a glass cage during the Saturday hearing, Vashukevich told journalists she wanted to apologise to Deripaska and no longer wants to "compromise him" or publish a book on seducing oligarchs.

"I've had enough," she said.

Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny on Monday alleged that Deripaska was behind the prosecution of Vashukevich, who calls herself "Deripaska's mistress" on her Instagram account.

The tycoon, who was sanctioned by the United States last year, has previously sued Vashukevich for invasion of privacy.

Navalny's team, whose blog initially drew the public's attention to the yacht videos published by Vashukevich, said Tuesday they have filed a police report against Deripaska, asking to launch probes into organising prostitution, taking bribes, and other offences related to Vashukevich.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Trump criticizes California over lawsuit against border wall
Trump criticizes California over lawsuit against border wall

President Donald Trump is criticizing California's lead role in a multistate lawsuit challenging his emergency declaration to pay for a U.S.-Mexico border wall. On Twitter Tuesday, Trump noted last week's ...

U.S. states sue Trump administration in showdown over border wall funds
U.S. states sue Trump administration in showdown over border wall funds
  • US
  • 2019-02-19 03:51:07Z

A coalition of 16 U.S. states led by California sued President Donald Trump and top members of his administration on Monday to block his decision to declare a national emergency to obtain funds for building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California came after Trump invoked emergency powers on Friday to help build the wall that was his signature 2016 campaign promise. Trump's order would allow him to spend on the wall money that Congress appropriated for other purposes.

Alec Baldwin: Trump
Alec Baldwin: Trump's 'SNL' Attack May Be 'A Threat To My Safety'

"The actor known for portraying Trump on the comedy show raised the questionSunday night

Booker holds back on questions about
Booker holds back on questions about 'Empire' actor attack

Democratic presidential candidates spent Sunday courting voters in states with influential early roles in the 2020 primary, their busy pace of holiday weekend campaigning demonstrating that the contest to challenge President Donald Trump is fully underway.

Ex-FBI official:
Ex-FBI official: 'Crime may have been committed' by Trump

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said in an interview that aired Sunday that a "crime may have been committed" when President Donald Trump fired the head of the FBI and tried to publicly undermine an investigation into his campaign's ties to Russia. McCabe also said in the interview

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Europe

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.