Autostrade to pay 439 million euros for Genoa bridge recostruction: sources




  • In Business
  • 2019-01-11 18:12:29Z
  • By Reuters
FILE PHOTO:  A policeman arrives at the toll-road operator Autostrade per l
FILE PHOTO: A policeman arrives at the toll-road operator Autostrade per l'Italia's headquarters in Rome  

MILAN (Reuters) - Autostrade per l'Italia (ASPI) has agreed to pay for the reconstruction of the collapsed Genoa bridge, Italy's Transport Minister Danilo Toninelli said on Twitter.

ASPI, a unit of Italy's infrastructure group Atlantia <ATL.MI>, is ready to pay up to 439 million euros ($504 million) for the bridge to be rebuilt, two sources told Reuters.


(Reporting by Stefano Bernabei, writing by Giulio Piovaccari)

COMMENTS

More Related News

As Xi heads to Italy, China takes Belt and Road controversy in its stride
As Xi heads to Italy, China takes Belt and Road controversy in its stride
  • World
  • 2019-03-20 06:06:30Z

Misunderstandings over China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) are "hard to avoid", a senior Chinese diplomat said on Wednesday ahead of a trip to Europe by President Xi Jinping during which Italy is set to join the multi-billion dollar trade scheme. Italy has angered its EU partners by planning to sign infrastructure deals with China, pushing itself as a big backer of the initiative at the heart of Beijing's foreign policy strategy that is Xi's signature diplomatic and trade push. "I think anything new will have a development process," Vice Foreign Minister Wang Chao told a news briefing when asked about recent controversy in Italy over the accord to be signed this month.

Italy to join China
Italy to join China's Belt and Road initiative over US worry

MILAN (AP) - Premier Giuseppe Conte pledged Tuesday to make Italy the first Group of Seven nation to join China's ambitious Belt and Road initiative, despite objections from the United States and concerns within his governing coalition.

Italy seizes blocked NGO migrant ship
Italy seizes blocked NGO migrant ship

Italy seized control Tuesday of an NGO ship it had prevented from landing nearly 50 migrants picked up off the Libyan coast, the interior ministry said. The authorities "are in the process of taking control of the Mare Jonio, escorting the boat into the (southern) port of Lampedusa," it said. Salvini had on Monday reiterated that Italy's ports were "closed" to new migrant arrivals, insisting his hardline approach to asylum seekers since last summer has effectively stopped departures from crisis-hit Libya.

Italy
Italy's Salvini lays down law for migrant rescue ships

Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini on Monday launched a fresh crackdown on charity ships which rescue migrants off Libya and bring them to Italy. "The ports have been, and remain, CLOSED", Salvini said on Twitter, as his office released an eight-page directive on the laws regarding rescue operations -- laws it said some aid vessels had been breaking. The minister, who also heads up the anti-immigrant League party, has repeatedly declared Italian waters closed to NGO rescue vessels, leaving several of them stranded at sea in the past in a bid to force Europe to take its share of asylum seekers.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Business

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.