Angel mom outraged by California governor's pledge to invest in El Salvador




 

Agnes Gibboney, whose son was killed by an illegal immigrant in California, sounds off on Gov. Gavin Newsom's pledge to help bring economic opportunity to El Salvador in a bid to curb migration.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Trump administration holds off redirecting California
Trump administration holds off redirecting California's high-speed rail money
  • US
  • 2019-05-23 02:01:44Z

In exchange, the state dropped its plans to ask a court to at least temporarily halt any planned shift in funds, California Governor Gavin Newsom's office said. On Tuesday, California sued in U.S. District Court in San Francisco to challenge the administration's decision to withhold $929 million awarded in 2010 for a "bullet" train project hobbled by extensive delays and rising costs. The lawsuit argued that President Donald Trump has "overt hostility to California" and its opposition to his initiative, so far unrealized, to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

U.S. states, cities sue to block Trump
U.S. states, cities sue to block Trump 'conscience' rule for healthcare workers
  • US
  • 2019-05-22 01:44:59Z

Two dozen U.S. states and municipalities sued the Trump administration on Tuesday to stop it from enforcing a rule that would make it easier for doctors and nurses to avoid performing abortions on religious or moral grounds. A lawsuit led by New York Attorney General Letitia James said the expanded "conscience" protections could undermine the ability of states and cities to provide effective healthcare without jeopardizing billions of dollars a year in federal aid. Sterilizations and assisted suicide are other procedures that might be impeded, according to a complaint filed by New York and 22 other states and municipalities in federal court in Manhattan.

California sues Trump administration over withholding high-speed rail funds
California sues Trump administration over withholding high-speed rail funds
  • US
  • 2019-05-21 20:00:40Z

The state later on Tuesday plans to seek a temporary restraining order request asking a judge to prevent the U.S. Transportation Department from repurposing the money for other transit projects, the governor's office said. The state argues that the withholding is aimed at punishing California for opposing President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the southern U.S. border. The suit also names Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)and FRA chief Ron Batory.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Latin America

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.